and occasionally rides a bike.
A word of warning. The walk descriptions are not detailed enough to guide you - please take a map. The batteries never run out, and you always have a signal. Oh, And don't take left or right as gospel!

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Norfolk 3 -On the bike - Kelling, Holt, Letheringsett, Glandford, Blakeney,Wiveton,

Friday 30 September

A very pleasant gently rolling ride with plenty of stops, for drawing, for looking at the world. 

After breakfast we cycled to Holt,
drew the Methodist church, 


then went to Byford's for coffee and scones.
Then we made our way to Blakeney via Letheringsett Water Mill

and the Gallery at Glandford(mainly wildlife pics). 

We bought baguettes and dairylea at the Spar shop, ate them by Blakeney creek,
and drew a little more

before cycling back to Kelling via Wiveton and Salthouse Heath with views of the sea. Harry saw a large flock of lapwings.  I was too busy cycling! 

4 comments:

Ida Jones said...

Great to see shots of some of our favourite spots - congratulations on your drawings...you've "come on" really well. Bet your tutor is pleased with you!

aliqot said...

We had fun revisiting and finding a few new spots as well. As for the drawings - I found the Blakeney one quite tricky, but I am improving slowly. My "tutor" is quite encouraging, and when I look back even to April, I can see a difference. Thought it was time I "came our" about it on here.

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Now that's the kind of rapid sketching I want to do, just so I've got a different sort of visual to remember a scene by

aliqot said...

It certainly makes me notice different details, and is very absorbing. Go for it!